As one who has always been interested in the science of why people get sick, it appears that many doctors now agree that our polluted world causes many debilitating diseases.
The number one problem that appears to be a source of some of today’s most serious diseases is estrogen dominance. This is common in men, women and children and studies show it can be a precursor to illnesses such as breast cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, BPH, stroke, ovarian cancer, cysts, tumors, fibroids, endometriosis, lupus, thyroid issues, colon polyps, belly fat, and more.
Estrogen plays an important role in reproductive processes, but excessive amounts can lead to serious illnesses. We get excess estrogen from environmental toxins that are called xenoestrogens, or estrogen mimicking compounds, such as plastics and pesticides. Hormones injected into chicken and beef to make the animals fatter for the market are also estrogen mimicking compounds. Phthalates, plasticizers that cause plastics to be flexible, sturdy or transparent are in shampoos, cosmetics, plastic toys, paints, and pesticides. It is known that they are a reason for our abdominal obesity epidemic and reduction in testosterone in men.
Fortunately, phthalates are recently being phased out in Europe and the US for children’s toys and child care articles. Congress enacted the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act in 2008, (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pthalates), which restricts the manufacture or sale of child care articles containing phthalates, but they are in many other products as well.
Many people are not aware of this tremendous health issue affecting adults and children and I fear what kind of future our young people have who will have a lifetime of this exposure.
How do you know you have estrogen dominance based on the Fingernail and Tongue Analysis Method?
1. Cherry angiomas on the torso that then spread to other areas of the body. Cherry angiomas are strawberry colored raised dots on the skin.
2. Red dots on the tongue, primarily on the sides and back of the tongue
3. Lack of moons (lunalae) on the three middle fingers of each hand, signifying lack of cellular oxygen.
What can we do to limit our exposure to these estrogens?
* When possible, purchase only hormone free chicken and beef from your grocery or health food store.
* Limit your restaurant meals to also avoid hormones in the beef and chicken.
* Only purchase organic vegetables and fruits, when possible. Grow your own organic vegetables in your garden or earthboxes on your patio. It is a very inexpensive way to provide organic food for your family.
* Add fiber to your diet. Excess estrogen is excreted in the bowel. If constipated, the estrogen is reabsorbed into the body.
* Don’t use plastic tableware or dishes for your family, especially your children.
* Please make sure your baby does not drink from a baby bottle made with BPA. BPA free bottles are widely available now.
* Don’t refill a plastic water bottle. Stainless steel water bottles are available that can be filled with filtered water from the tap.
* It can be very harmful to put plastic in the microwave. The plastic will leach into your food at high heat. In fact, it is wise to limit the use of the microwave altogether.
There are natural products that studies show can cleanse the excess estrogen from the body. Check out our website below for more information.